These are all tips shared from other consultants and our wonderful Tech Support.
If you already have Memory Manager 2.0 and you are upgrading you need to take these precautionary steps.
1. Open your Memory Manager Vault. (if you have more than one you need to do this with each one, open each vault one at a time and do steps 2&3)
2. On the top tab go to Memory Vault>Manage your Memory Vault. Then click on Run Health Check. If their is any thing that needs repair the program will walk you through it and it is really simple. If it is healthy it will tell you nothing needs to be done. Now this is important so that when your running 3.0 all your information will convert over.
3. Then you need to make a back up of your vaults. (I am NOT talking about a shadow copy. You need to go wherever your vault is stored and make a copy. This could take over an hour or so to copy depending on how much information there is. (I'd get it started and go do something else) Do this for each vault. This is really just a extra safety step, not necessary but advised because your shadow copy for 2.0 will NOT work in 3.0.
4. After you have made your back ups it time to install 3.0. Either you have ordered a disk or a download from my website. (www.mycmsite.com/Helen)
NOTE: You need to have your serial number from 2.0 to activate your 3.0 upgrade. Either have your original 2.0 case with the serial number on the back OR find your serial number by going into MM 2.0 and go to Help>About
If you have a disk just insert the disk and follow the prompts. If you are going to Download a copy you can either save or run right from the link that you click to download. I first clicked on Run, but I also re-visited the link and saved a copy so and made my own disk. Be sure to write down the serial number. You will also get a link to download the user guide.
5. Once MM 3.0 is successfully installed you can remove and uninstall 2.0. Once your vault is moved to 3.0 it will no longer work in 2.0! To remove or uninstall go to your control panel and go to add or remove programs and find Memory Manager 2.0 on the list and click remove. (these instructions may differ if you use vista) That's it!
Photo Book Construction and Preservation
4 weeks ago